Want to enjoy the last blooms of summer? Need some quick and very inexpensive centerpieces for a party or event? This vase made quite simply from a drinking glass and ribbon may just be the answer you've been looking for!
- A drinking glass with straight sides. (Glass can be narrower at the bottom, but not fluted)
- Ribbon, about 3/4" wide
- Double-stick tape (or regular tape, if you're in a pinch)
- Starting at the lip of the glass, attach end of ribbon, at about a 30 degree angle, to the glass with a generous yet discrete piece of double stick tape. See photo for correct positioning of ribbon.
- Slowly wrap ribbon around glass in a spiral fashion, such that ribbon lies flat on glass at every point, with no buckles.
- At the bottom of glass secure ribbon with a generous piece of double stick tape.
- Trim ribbon at top and bottom of glass such that it is flush with the lip and the bottom of the glass.
- Add small, colorful flowers, and enjoy!