My seven year old daughter came home from a friend's house the other day with this cute project, and fortunately for me, I realized that this would be such a nice idea to share with you all. Coming up with blog posts almost every day is no simple task, so I was so quite happy to have this one walk in my front door!
As far as craft projects go, most children really enjoy making things that they can use. These glasses would be a perfect project to go along with a game of dress-up, or as a starting point for some kind of impromptu family performance. Wouldn't it be funny to see a whole bunch of kids in the neighborhood walking around with their cellophane glasses? However you choose to use this idea, make sure to make cellophane glasses for all the little ones, so that no one will feel left out of the fun. Seeing the world through colored glasses is interesting for everyone, infact I think I'll go make some for myself right now......
- toilet paper roll
- ribbon or elastic cord
- colored cellophane
- tape or glue
- hole punch
- Cut the toilet paper roll cross-wise into 3/4" rounds
- Glue or tape a piece of cellophane to cover the opening of each round
- Punch holes to attach a ribbon or elastic cord for band which holds the glasses on the head
- Punch two holes to join the two pieces in the middle, at the nose-bridge of the glasses
- Wear your new glasses for any occasion!