One of my sweet sons turned six just before Rosh HaShana, and we were out of town (I know I didn't tell you, my Mom told me not too!) so for his birthday I had to get just a bit more creative than usual! I asked my sister in law if she had some pipe cleaners, though I'm not sure why, and then it occurred to me to make a birthday crown as well as crowns for the young guests! The results were so cute, I just had to share them with you!
- pipe cleaners
For The Crown You'll Need:
- 7 blue pipe cleaners
- 6 red pipe cleaners
- Bend blue pipe cleaner in half and twist at top to make a loop. Make four like this.
- Join two (or three, depending on head size) pipe cleaners together lengthwise by twisting ends together
- Attach blue triangles to blue band
- Make four red triangles just like the blue one, but size them so they'll fit inside blue triangles
- Place red triangles inside blue ones and wrap ends round base to cover the area inside the triangle
- Add extra segments of red pipe cleaner to cover entire front portion of band (see photo)
- To close at back of head, simply twist pipe cleaners together!