My friends over at koshereye.com just sent over this recipe that they wanted me to share with my readers. It sounds so delicious and unlike anything I'd actually post from my own kitchen, that I just couldn't resist!
- Combination of lettuces such as Butter, Bibb, Romaine
- ½ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chopped, mixed dried fruits, such as dates, figs, apricots, apples, peaches
- ½ cup fresh halved grapes, ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup glazed walnuts (such as Emerald brand)
- ½ cup blue cheese (optional)
Dressing: (The dressing can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Combine salad ingredients and toss with dressing just before serving.
- If making dressing in advance, shake well before using.
Yield: 8-10 servings