Here's an absolutely healthy and delicious soup recipe that you'll find yourself going back to time and time again. Even my pickiest eater ate three bowls of this soup the other night! The main thing is keep it simple, stick to my recipe and it will be perfect every time. This is an elegant soup to serve at a special occasion as a first or second course, and yet it's so simple to make that it can also be a part of your everyday meal planning.
- Roughly 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) pumpkin or any orange squash (Dlat is the best choice in Israel)
- Two green apples, or really any apple, but preferably not a red skinned one
- One large white onion
- Olive oil for browning the onion
- Slice onion and saute in olive oil
- Peel apples and pumpkin and cut into large chunks and add to pot
- Add water such that the level is slightly below that of the pumpkin chunks
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for roughly 40 minutes or until pumpkin is very soft
- Blend soup and add salt and pepper to taste, add extra water if soup is too thick
- Sit back and wait for the compliments
I hope you enjoy this oh-so-simple recipe, I know I can't wait to make it again!