I just love this field of cupcake liner flowers, and we had so much fun making this piece of art to decorate our house for the upcoming holiday of Shavous. So sit down with the kids and make the grown-up version here, for your table, while the kids are having fun applying color to a whole pile of cupcake liners. And I do have another project planned for the leftovers which I'll be sure to share if the reality is as nice as my vision, so be sure to save whatever you don't use!
- cupcake liners in a few sizes
- paint, I used dot paint for the liners and regular craft paint for the background
- green card stock paper
- a piece of cardboard
- glue, I used a hot glue gun for easy assembly
- Apply paint to cupcake liners with dot paint, or sponges, or use a round object as a stamp
- Sponge-paint the background with light blue paint. We used a cotton ball since that what was on hand!
- Cut out stems and leaves from green paper
- Once everything has dried, assemble your picture by gluing pieces to your cardboard backing.
- If you happen to have an empty frame, so plan ahead and cut your cardboard to fit the frame, and display your new piece of art without the glass. Wish I'd thought of that!