I've discovered something wonderful about baker's clay — you don't necessarily have to bake it! That means that you can whip up a batch and give your kids a few options for how to use it!
- Little ones can use if for a craft activity, learn more here + the recipe
- Others can make shapes with cookie cutters and bake them, learn more here
- And those who are undecided can make super cute sculptures like this castle! Just watch out for the giant serpant! Granted, it won't last forever, but then again you won't feel guilty throwing it out!
- Baker's clay: flour salt and water!
- A styrofoam base
- Electrical tape (optional, used for flags)
- A permanent marker
- Decide on a theme, or don't decide on a theme, and just create an abstract sculpture with simple shapes.
- Stack shapes one on top of the other, securing with toothpicks.
- Set aside to dry, and after a few hours once the surface has hardened, add details with a permanent marker.