Clear plastic lids are the perfect base for tiny works of art! I can't believe it just occurred to me a few weeks ago, and that I've been throwing these away! Food packaging of course varies from country to country, but here you'll find clear lids on prepared salads and foods found in the refrigerated section, as well as many dairy products such as cottage cheese and soft white cheese. So do rescue these lids before they land in the garbage, and you'll have the perfect base for a wide range of craft projects.My kids enjoyed this project so much the only thing that held them back was our lack of lid supply!
- clear plastic lids found on packaged foods in the refrigerator section
- colorful plastic beads (for children's crafts) and tiny seed beads
- white glue
- a permanent marker
- fish line (optional, for hanging)
- Practice drawing simple shapes on a piece of paper, and then trace the ones you like the best with the permanent marker.
- Apply a generous amount of glue to the outlined shape and apply large beads.
- Fill in empty spaces with seed beads (we sprinkled them over the lid)
- Set aside to dry
- Make two small holes in the rim with a needle, attach fish line for hanging, and enjoy!