Isn't this just too sweet? My five year old made it all by himself! And the uneven shapes and random placement make it all the more charming don't you think? A bunting banner like this one looks particularly endearing when on the small side, plus smaller shapes will be easier for little hands to manage, and certainly require less glue.You'll Need:
- thread or string (we used fishing line, but it was hard to manage for my little one)
- colored paper
- a glue stick, and scissors
- a small flower punch (optional, but very cute!)
- You really can't get much simpler than this! Fold paper and cut complete shapes on the fold, such that the result is two identical shapes joined by the fold.
- Open the twin shape such that it's lying flat and apply glue to one of the insides
- Refold shape over the string and burnish with fingers so that the two sides are well adhered.
- Continue as above with a variety of shapes and colors, and punch flower shaped holes (but just a few!) here and there.
- Hang and enjoy, I just know this one will make you smile!