Hi friends, been saving those tubes? I really hope so, because this little craft idea is so simple and looks absolutely stunning— to use as actual party favors or even for decoration! I love the look of European vintage party decorations, and someday I may even try my hand at making "crackers" (the tube shaped party favors that one cracks open to reveal a treat or prize) but until then I'm just as pleased as punch with how these came out. You just need the right combination of colors with a little texture and a little bit of shine, and you'll have yourself a winner too.
- recycled toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes, or tape 2 toilet paper tubes together for large size
- crepe paper
- sheer crafting "fabric" with a bit of sparkle (I got mine at the art supply store, in Israel they are now selling disposable table runners on a roll made from a similar material
- metallic curling ribbon, metallic flat ribbon
- paper doilies, round and rectangular
- silver cord, and other bits of matching ribbon
- double stick tape (preferable for neatness, but not absolutely necessary)
- pinking shears, if you have some or can borrow some!
- Fill tube with treats or prizes
- Wrap tube in crepe paper, and then a second time wth either a doily or sheer sparkly fabric. Carefully adhere with double stick tape. The crepe paper tears easily so put a piece of double stick tape on the roll, or remove paper from both sides of tape to use with crepe paper.
- Tie at top and bottom with silver curling ribbon, and embellish mid section with ribbon or cord. I cut some of the metallic ribbon with pinking shears (top tube) and can't wait to use this idea again!
- Trim top and bottom with pinking shears.
- Have a party and serve up a platter of these gorgeous favors, or put one at each place setting. Watch the guest's mouths drop open when they see what you've prepared!