What happens when a crafter enters the kitchen? Edible rosebuds made from fruit roll-up of course! After all the felt flowers I've made in the last year, well this just seemed like a natural extension, for healthy cupcake toppers, cake decorations or even for sweet mini bouquets, which are perfect for Tu B'Shevat! The only fruit roll-up I could find in my neighborhood is on the thick side, as you can see, but the thinner versions in shades of red would be a lovely compliment to these!
- fruit roll-up (called fruit leather, or actually "leder" in Hebrew)
- raisins and dried cranberries, if desired
- tooth picks for small flowers, wooden skewers for larger flowers
- tutorial for making rolled rose buds, here
- a salt shaker or vintage sugar/flour shaker to use as a vase
- Make flowers according to tutorial(using fruit roll-up instead of felt), wrapping around toothpick as you go, don't make flowers too large or they'll droop!
- Make stacks of raisins and cranberries by inserting a toothpick through them
- Insert toothpicks into salt shaker, add a pretty ribbon, viola!
- Wouldn't these look great adorning a carrot cake?
- Give some of these to neighbors as tiny gifts on Tu B'Shevat, they'll be so happy!