Colorful paper clown faces make great decorations for Purim or even your next circus themed party! My kids loved this project so much that it kept them busy for several evenings on the dining room table. I'd love to show you better photos, but with the rainy weather this week, we'll have to settle for a few indoor shots.
We made lots of clowns, so I filled a few of my Moroccan frames with them, and plan to hang a large banner of just clowns across the dining room wall. Well, actually I did hang the string of clowns, but it fell, thus the pile of clowns waiting for me to try again, and help them bring joy to our home! And believe me, these clowns are so cute, especially the ones that are less perfect looking.
- colored paper, preferably card stock weight
- markers, we used Sharpie paint markers, together with other permanent markers
- double stick tape or glue
- scalloped circle paper flowers, my tutorial here
Depending on the age of the child, children can do this 100% on their own (my 8yr old daughter, for example) or may need you to draw the basic shapes on pieces of paper for them to cut out (my 5 and 7 year old boys) or may need you to actually cut out the pieces for them (4 and under)
- On three separate sheets of paper draw a head with a neck, a clown hat, and a large bow
- Attach pieces with double stick tape or glue
- Have fun decorating with markers
- Add some details, like paper flowers or pom poms.
- Make lots and lots of these, the more the better!