Why buy a bouquet of flowers when you can make something that's unique and long-lasting like this accordion folded medallion bouquet! The truth is that that in my case the flower store isn't so close and sometimes making something on the kitchen table while simultaneously running the house and watching some pots on the stove is just more practical. So in preparation for the arrival of a newly engaged couple to our home this past week, I whipped up this bouquet which I placed on the bedside table in the young woman's room. While the colors I used are certainly appropriate for a bride, I think that a bouquet like this would be great anytime, don't you?
- colored paper
- a scalloped craft punch
- thick wooden skewers (from the grocery store, these are actually bamboo)
- a hot glue gun
- a stapler
- Make accordian folded medallions according to the instructions here.
- Punch some scalloped circles and adhere those to one side of the medallions with hot glue.
- Print a message on your printer and cut that out as a scalloped medallion as well.
- Adhere skewers to backside of medallions, and attach another scalloped circle on top of the skewer.
- Place in a vase or pot, using pieces of styrofoam to keep the sticks in place.