Cupcake liner flowers when combined with simple accordion folded paper flowers result in a beautiful and simple paper flower bouquet to grace your table or add some cheer to a little corner in your home. And with the Jewish holiday of Shavuot coming up in about three weeks, now is a great time to start filling our homes with flowers to honor this special holiday! And while I generally wouldn't want to see stems of my flowers, in this case the colorful pipe cleaner stems look sweet, and in fact I even added some flower-less pipe cleaners to the bunch to fill it out a bit!
- 20 plus year old nicely faded construction paper found at your mother's house
- 30 plus year old pastel colored cupcake liners (which so nicely match that construction paper!) found in your mother's cabinet
- colored pipe cleaners also from your mother's stash
- a stapler
- cupcake liner flower tutorial
- accordion folded flower tutorial
Make flowers according to the tutorials above, but make the accordion folded flowers with only one layer of paper, and leave a small open space near the center when closing. Slip the pipe cleaner stem of the cupcake liner flowers through this hole, and twist the stems together. Make a bunch to fill a vase, experiment with other types of flowers, or add paper leaves if you wish, and enjoy!