As you know from yesterday's post, we've been busy making some shoebox dollhouse rooms, and I'm so happy to say this project was a huge success. My kids are even talking about building their own multi-story house from the shoe box rooms they'll make. And, if one lets the child really do as much as they can on their own, this can be a truly creative project!
- 1 shoe box, without the cover
- colored paper
- foam scraps, for the bed and pillow
- small round mirrors in a few sizes
- a paper doily makes a great rug
- little medicine boxes (turn them inside out and paint them) for furniture
- a crocheted blanket that you asked mom to make
How To: Glue colored paper to the inside of the box and make the room of your dreams using all kinds of little bits and pieces of craft supplies and recyclables. Do it all in one sitting or work on it over the course of a week or so. Enjoy, I know we certainly did! Whoops almost forgot there's one more room to show:
The light is made from a soap bottle nozzle, pretty great right? And that rug, well it's just so lovely I'm trying to figure out how to make one life sized. And by the way, I forgot to mention that these two rooms were made by my 9 1/2 year old daughter, and I have a feeling these are just the first in a series of many!