While I have yet to show you photos of this year's succah, (and I may never, as there just wan't time to take proper photos......sigh) I did want to share with you one of the crafts I made while pulling an all-nighter before the holiday started: giant stash buster tassels! I have to say, I was quite relieved when I actually loved the results, as I made quite a few of these, and together with some dcorative red apples on vines, they ended up decorating an entire wall!
Of course that wall is also covered with some very ethnic Moroccan metal frames, and the tassels fit right in!
- yarn from your stash, thick or thin or whatever you happen to have! (the dark blue is Red Heart Super saver)
- a large coffee table sized book
- patience and or course scissors
- Wrap yarn around the height of a large coffee table book until it is about 1 inch wide and about 1/2' high.
- Slip a piece of yarn under the middle of the clump and tie a double knot before removing hank from book.
- Remove hank from book, fold in half (so that the piece you used to tie the hank becomes the hanger for the tassel)
- Now tie a piece of yarn in a contrasting color around the neck of the tassel and wind it around at least 4 or more times. Tie off.
- A tassel is born! Now experiment with making some multi colored ones which are truly gorgeous!