Here's a fun apple cross stitch craft that is fun for all ages, and is a recycling craft to boot! And with Rosh HaShana in less than a week, well a few of these cross stitch apples, that can be whipped up quite quickly would be a great way to welcome the new year! Not to mention of course that apple themed crafts are always perfect for teacher appreciation gifts and Fall. So gather your supplies, and if you don't have a recycled styrofoam tray on hand you could even use a piece of cardstock, a piece of foam core, or even a paper plate! Time is of the essence, so lets get crafting!
- styrofoam tray that did not touch raw fish or meat
- embroidery thread
- a large dull point yarn needle, or smaller if you are an adult and prefer something more delicate
- Draw your design on the back of your tray.
- Using your yarn needle, or the needle you'll use, poke holes on the lines of your drawing. In the photo above I hadn't yet poked the holes for the cross stitches as I was still trying to figure out that part, and eventually went with a really loose cross stitch look.
- Embroidery your design using the holes you've punched, really fun and simple! I love how the cross stitches used to shade the stem and side of apple turned out, so give that a try too!
Happy crafting and take a look at my other embroidering on styrofoam trays posts, the links should appear below. A wall filled with these sure would be fabulous!