One of the great things about deciding to clean out your studio is that you finds all kinds of odds and ends that simply must get used, and thus I present to you these rustic crocheted t-shirt yarn coasters, that are quick to make, and the perfect gift for those who appreciate an artful casual aesthetic. A great beach house or cabin gift too.....don't you think? So gather up some of those worn t-shirts and lets get started! Oh and by the way, little projects like these are the kind that i often make in the car on the way to the gathering, give it a try!
- homemade t-shirt yarn (commercial t-shirt yarn will give a different less rustic result)
- a large crochet hook, I used a 10mm/N, but try a few sizes to see what works with your yarn
Crocheted Rustic Coasters With T-Shirt Yarn Pattern
- ch 6 and join with a slip stitch
- ch1 and sc into the back loop only, around, and join to first sc with a slip stitch. This makes a flatter center for placing a glass on it.
- ch2 and hdc around, joining to ch2 with a slip stitch.
To end do not pull yarn through last loop to make a knot, rather weave it in instead, as knots create bumps that aren't so nice.
Weave in the ends and enjoy!