Every birthday party deserves birthday crowns, and now you can make some super cute ones in a pinch, which believe me is exactly what I did this past Friday! As the maker of a birthday party for a grandpa and his first grandchild, I though it would be just the greatest to make crowns from them both......one with the age and one with a question mark. Funny enough the grandpa didn't quite get it and we had to explain it to him! In any case the crowns were a big hit, and a great addition to the party. I will surely make more like these for years to come, and with a bit of forethought I could likely bring the 12 minutes or so that it took me per crown down to five, ready to do the same? Lets get started.
- craft foam, mine is regular and terry textured
- t-shirt yarn or other yarn or chord
- a hot glue gun
- a hole punch
- Cut a crown shape, I just improvised, but you might want to make a paper one first and then use that as your guide.
- Cut a number or letter (or a question mark) and other shapes to decorate the crown and adhere with hot glue
- Punch holes on either end, and tie a piece of t-shirt yarn through each hole.
- So simple right? You just might want to make crowns for all the kids, big and small at the party!