Coloring books are all the rage, and filling pages with doodles is a great way to relax as well, the big question is, NOW WHAT? Meaning should you just let those coloring books hang around until you toss them in a few years, or should you put them to good use by crafting with them? Of course you all know my answer, and I do think it is a good one, as beautiful colored pages can also be transformed into great looking crafts that you can enjoy!
Now, as an added creative activity, before you click "keep reading", try to come up with some of your own ideas, I'll give you a hint, I actually came up with more than ten, so I'm sure you can too!
- Make soda bottle organizers lined with your coloring book pages
- Make toilet tube party favors or crackers by wrapping a strip of your art around the tube and simple taping it or gluing it.
- Use your pages to make fabulous looking origami string light covers, love this one
- Cover recycled cans in your art to make fun recycled can vases, or desk top organizers
- Fold some great looking according folded paper medallions using your art, and mix them with medallions made from solid colored paper as well
- Have fun experimenting with origami shapes such as paper boats, and then add details with washi tape
- Wrap a present with your art, especially great for small boxes, or hey, why not just wrap some boxes and use them as fun accents in your home?
- Make a table runner by taping a bunch of coloring pages together to make a long strip
- Make some envelopes, now that would be cool to send, right?
- Make some little gift bags, equally great looking as well.....
- Punch shapes from your art using a craft punch and make a garland
- Punch shapes and glue those onto cardboard to make fun gift tags
- Whoops almost forgot about this great idea, make paper roses with your art, could be fabulous!
- Cut art into strips and make paper chains, great party decor!
Get the idea? Enjoy and don't forget to turn up the volume on your creativity!