Here's a super simple DIY gift box using corrugated craft cardboard that you can use to hold little prizes and treats (as I did for Hanukkah) or a gift of any size. Make a bunch of these little boxes to use as party favor boxes for weddings, bat or bar mitzvahs, or birthdays, and add your own special touch. I added strips of colored paper punched on a craft punch, you can add a fun gift tag, ribbon or even little pom poms. This is a great DIY gift wrap idea to have up your sleeve anytime! Let's do it......
- corrugated craft cardboard
- hot glue
- a hole punch
- colored card stock (optional)
- Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard that is the correct height and width to hold your present or party favor, allowing for some overlap for the seam, and about an extra 1.5 inches at the bottom for the closure.
- Make a tube from your piece and using hot glue, glue the vertical seam. Gently press in both sides of the bottom of the tube to make what I believe is called a pillow closure. Look at my photo above. If you like you can gently score the cardboard in a half circle shape on each side, which will actually produce the best results. Glue one flap on top of the other with hot glue.
- Punch holes in the top of the tube, and insert a ribbon
- Make paper decorations, or a fun gift tag, I used a craft punch to make these paper ribbons.
- Enjoy the giving!