Crepe paper flowers are simple to whip up, and make a perfect little gift when a little something hand-crafted from the heart in called for. Quicker than running to the store for real flowers, much quicker in my case, and oh so sweet. And my daughter was more than happy to deliver the gift, so I caught her with my camera on her way out, promising not to show her face on my blog. Well at least not more than a tiny glimpse!
Mazal Tov! Congratulations to our neighbor whose oldest son just got engaged. All the siblings were so excited and I knew that I must send them something, but what? I'm just not the type to whip up a cake, but something quick and crafted is of course right up my alley! So on an already very busy Friday afternoon I made some crepe paper flowers using neon colored crepe paper that I purchased a while back. And the vase, well it's time to start passing along those white vases I made last year, and now my closet has one less.
- brightly colored crepe paper or tissue paper
- floral wire, I used pre-cut flower stems
- embellished wine bottle vase
- a tag, ours made with a scalloped circle punch and a hole punch
- See my crepe paper flower tutorial, as well as another example of a beautiful crepe paper bouquet.
- See my post about embellishing wine bottles
- Take note that with these flowers I used pink and coral colored crepe paper together in one flower, and for the yellow flower I turned some of the pieces of crepe paper over as the two sides were not the same hue.
- Looking back at my tutorial, I realize now that I used fewer layers of crepe paper which is why these flowers aren't quite as full and gorgeous. But that's okay, they did the job!
And by the way, crepe paper flowers are perfect for Purim and for ushering in Spring! Also, do take a look at how I decorated with crepe paper flowers last Purim, and go to town. I guess crepe paper flowers are in my blood this time of year! And why not, quick to make and perfect in so many ways.Pin It